Wednesday, June 24, 2009

A couple of additions to the list

A friend of mine (whose name I will omit to protect his manhood) is a father and a high school teacher. As such, he is very much in tune with teeny flicks and family movies. Based on his vast knowledge of the genres, he suggested that I need to add two films to our list: Freedom Park and We Got the Beat.

I originally had Freedom Park on the list and then took it off when I couldn't find confirmation that it had a theatrical run. I suppose I should have checked the film's website, which reports that it was screened in eight theaters in Massachusetts and Rhode Island. With that confirmation, I've added it to the list.

Regarding We Got the Beat, while I was aware that the movie was being filmed at locations through Central Mass. I hadn't confirmed that the film was set in Massachusetts. In fact, based on the plot summary on IMDB, I figured that there was no way it was set here. It reads: "It's 1983 and Brad Roberts is the best high school quarterback in the country...."

It turns out that it is set in Worcester (talk about the need to suspend belief...the idea that the best high school QB in America would come from Worcester is more far-fetched than the idea that he would quit football to start "the first ever boy band," which is the main plot line). Therefore, I have also added this film as a future release. It is scheduled for late 2009.

Tags:

No comments:

Post a Comment